The basic features are:
- 3 column view: Moodle blocks and modules can be assembled in any order in up to 3 columns on the page.
- Inline Module display: the format can be extended to display module content inline (in the page). Presently this only has been extended for Forum, Assessment, and Resources, other modules show a link as expected.
- Back button: When you enter a module, there is a back button to return you to the page you were previously on.
- Parent-Child pages: a page can have child pages, and child pages can have child pages.
- Automatic Tabs: A parent page can create a top tab if uses with the flexpage theme.
- Course Menu: this block used with the Flexpage format provides a multiple menu system for navigating the pages.
- Roles based menus: there is a 'view menu' role, so menus can be hidden/shown based on user role.
- Backup and restore: any course in Flexpage format can be fully or partly backed up and copied to another course