ELIS 1.9 Manual
Course Completion by Cluster
This report requires that users of a cluster are enrolled in a course. The report filters users by cluster and generates course/class data for that cluster. The courses must have completion elements for the report to fully function.
Selecting clusters/sub-clusters: There are two ways to select a cluster.
- To select an individual cluster or sub-cluster, use the "any value" button and select the cluster from the menu of choices. this will select one cluster only to display data from - it will not show data from sub-clusters of the selected cluster.
- To select an entire organizational cluster or multiple clusters, select the "Enable Tree" button. This will open a cluster menu tree where clusters can be selected, multiple clusters can be selected by their checkboxes for each report. Selecting an organizational cluster will create a report for all clusters of the organization. Using the cluster tree enables you to see data from sub-clusters of parent clusters on one report. If a parent cluster is selected -sub-clusters will be automatically selected.
The optional information includes data that is provided for each user.
- Curriculum: This displays the courses by curriculum. Each user will have a list of courses under their name, if this is selected then the courses will be listed under their assigned curriculum.
- Status: Completed, Incomplete. If "completed" is selected, only users who have completed the class will be included in the report. If "incomplete" is selected, only users who have the incomplete status in a class will be included in the report. If left to default, all users -complete or incomplete- will be included in the report. This status is based on the enrollment status of the user in the ELIS class enrollments page.
- Completion: If selected, this will display the completion element column in the report.
- Cluster Leader Role: All roles on the Moodle site will appear in this drop-down. The role selected here will determine the names of the users who will appear on the report as Cluster leaders for each cluster. To be listed the user must be assigned Cluster Leader for the cluster and assigned the selected Moodle role.
Below is a sample Course Completion by Cluster report.
Courses included in a curriculum will be listed together under the curriculum name. All non-curriculum courses will be listed together at the beginning of the report.
Explanation of report data:
- User ID: idnumber of the user.
- User Name: First and Last name of the user.
- Curriculum: Name of the curriculum the user is enrolled in, or "Non Curriculum Courses" if the course is not associated with a curriculum.
- Course: Name of the ELIS course that the ELIS class belongs to in which the user is in.
- Required: If "Yes" is displayed, the ELIS course is a required course in the curriculum. If "No" is displayed the ELIS course is not a required course in the curriculum. If the record is being displayed as a part of the "Non-Curriculum Courses" section, N/A will be displayed.
- Class: idnumber of the ELIS class.
- Completed: This is based on the enrollment status of the user within the class.
- If enrollment status is automatically generated then this will show as Completed or Not completed.
- If enrollment status is manually marked then within the ELIS class enrollments page, this will show pass, failed, or incomplete.
- Current Grade: the user's current total grade int he class.
- If no grade has been assigned yet, a value of 0 will be displayed.
- Moodle grade changes will be reflected on the report up until the sufficient grade is reached, at which point the record is locked and the grade will no longer be updated.
- Completion Elements Completed: The number of completion elements satisfied out of number of completion elements defined in the ELIS course. If no completion elements are defined, "0/0" is displayed.
To change report options, click on the "Configure Parameters" icon located in the upper left hand corner of the report.
To schedule the report to run at specific time(s) in the future, select the "Schedule Reports" icon in the upper right hand corner of the report. For details on setting report parameters when scheduling reports, please see the report scheduling documentation.
The report can be exported in PDF or CSV format. To export the report, select either the "Download PDF" or "Download CSV" icons located in the upper left hand corner of the report. The report will download locally to your computer.
Report data can be updated automatically, without needing to go back to the report parameters, by clicking the "Refresh" button located at the bottom center of the report page.