ELIS 1.9 Manual
A user must be enrolled as a "student" in the Moodle course.
A user must be enrolled in an ELIS class and have no activity in the course in the time frame specified to be included in this report. No activity is defined as:
- No activity in the Moodle courses associated with the ELIS class OR
- If the ELIS class is not associated with any Moodle course, then no Completion Elements marked as Complete OR
- If no Completion Elements are defined in an ELIS Class AND it is not linked to a Moodle course, then N/A is shown on the report.
You can filter this report by user information and by date.
- Enter a name in the Full name filter to filter on a user's name. For example, you could enter Thompson to see all users who have Thompson in their name. Or you could enter "a" to see all users who have a in their name. A minor bug exist with the full name filter in ELIS 1.9 releases - when selecting the "is empty" filter, the report takes the last string/name that was ran in the report instead of the new string.
- The Date range will select the time period for the report. For example if you want to see all the users who have not logged in to their Moodle courses in the past week, you can set the date range here.
- "is after"-- users who have no activity after this date.
- "is before" -- users have no activity before this date.
If you click the "Show Advanced" button, you can see the full set of filters for filtering users. This filter includes both standard user information fields such as email address, city, country, etc. It also show and enable you to filter on custom user fields.
For example, when we press the "Show Avanced" button, we see a new list of fields we can filter the report by.
- Press the Show Advanced to show the additional filter options. Press the Hide Advanced to hide them.
- You can filter the report by these fields - for example this will show all the users from Sarasota who were absent in the specified time frame.
The resulting report shows all the users who live in Sarasota, who were absent from Moodle between 1/27/2012 and the current date, and which classes they were absent from. Note that report will also indicate what filters were used (arrow).
For example above we have added the custom User Profile field "Department" the report (arrow).
The report below show the Non-Starters report using the filters selected above. Learners are grouped by course. The date range selected in the filters is shown in the upper-center of the report.
Explanation of Report Data
Curriculum: Curriculum the course with users with no activity belongs to.
Course Name: ELIS course name.
Class ID: ELIS class with users with no activity.
Student Name: Name of users with no activity.
ID Number: User ID number of users with no activity.
Filters: This lists all the User Profile filters used on the report.
Configuration and Export:
- To change report options, click on the "Configure Parameters" icon located in the upper left hand corner of the report. The report will 'remember' your previous values in the Advanced section, so if you are running a completly different reprot from your previous one, it is a good idea to click the "Reset Form" button - this will clear all previous settings.
- Clicking the PDF icon will export your current report in PDF format.
- Clicking the Excel icon will export your current report in Excel(CSV) format.
To schedule the report to run at specific time(s) in the future, select the "Schedule Reports" icon in the upper right hand corner of the report (arrow). For details on setting report parameters when scheduling reports, please see the report scheduling documentation.
Report data can be updated automatically, without needing to go back to the report parameters, by clicking the "Refresh" button located at the bottom center of the report page.