ELIS 1.9 Manual
To access the configuration screen go to Program Administration block and select Admin > Configuration.
1. Track Settings
- Turn off user defined tracks: Selecting this checkbox will eliminate access to tracks. In the Curriculum Administration block, the Manage Tracks link will not be visible in the Curriculum folder. Tracks already added to the site are still available if this is turned back on.
2. Learning Plan
- Turn off course catalog: Users will not be able to see the Learning Plan folder in their Progress Reports block and the Dashboard will not work.
- Number of curricula to display before automatically collapsing: This is referring to a users view of curricula in their Learning Plan folder. In collapsed view, curricula only show the title. In expanded view, the courses in the curricula are also shown. The user can also expand and collapse the view of curricula in their Learning Plan folder manually.
- Enable curriculum expiration: This enables curriculum expiration. The curriculum expiration can be set for each curriculum in the manage curricula screen. The expiration settings are not required, they can be left blank if there is no expiration.
- Calculate curriculum expiration based on the time a student: There are 2 options in the drop down menu for this setting. The "enrolled into a curriculum" setting calculates the curriculum expiration based on when the student was enrolled into the curriculum. The "complete a curriculum" setting calculates the expiration based on when the student completed the curriculum.
- Disable Certificates: Select this checkbox to disable certificates.
- Certificate border image: Available in ELIS 1.9.1 and later versions. The certificate border image is what gets displayed as the background for certificates in the curriculum. You can add more border images by uploading them to your moodledata directory under the directory curriculum/pix/certificate/borders/.
- Certificate seal image: Available in ELIS 1.9.1 and later versions. The certificate seal image is what gets displayed as the logo on certificates in the curriculum. You can add more seal images by uploading them to your moodledata directory under the directory curriculum/pix/certificate/seals/.
- There is more information about certificates in the Curriculum section of this book, link to the page.
- Display time selection in a 12 hour format: Times in a 12 hour format use A.M. and P.M., for example, 1:45 P.M. If this checkbox is not selected, the time will be displayed in a 24 hour format. For example, 1:45 P.M. would be 13:45 in the 24 hour format.
- Redirect users accessing My Moodle to the Dashboard:
- Automatically assign an ID number to Moodle users without one: ELIS will use the username for the idnumber. Users must have an id number to be added to ELIS. Once a user is added to ELIS, the id number can not be changed. If the id number is changed, a new ELIS user will be created.
- Default Instructor Role: The default role assigned to instructors when they are synchronized into Moodle. This synchronization usually happens when instructors are assigned to classes associated with Moodle courses.
- Only allow enrollments to Moodle courses that use the elis plugin: When selected, Elis will only enroll users in a ELIS class linked to a Moodle class if the Moodle class is using the ELIS enrollment plugin.
6. Cluster Group Settings
- Allow course-level group population from clusters: Enabling this setting allows the Curriculum Management system to automatically add users to groups in Moodle courses based on cluster membership. Groups will be created as needed.
- Allow site-level group population from clusters: Enabling this setting allows the Curriculum Management system to automatically add users to groups at the site level based on cluster membership. Groups will be created as needed.
- Allow site-level grouping creation from cluster based groups: Enabling this setting allows the Curriculum Management system to automatically add groups to groupings at the site level. Groupings will be created as needed.
- Number of entity icons to display before collapsing: A set amount clusters and curricula can be displayed in the Program Administration block, this setting must have a value of at least 1.
- Display Clusters as the Top Level: This will display clusters in the first branch of the menu tree in the Program Admin block.
- Display Curricula as the Top Level: This will display curricula in the first branch of the menu tree in the Program Admin block.
- This is the default role to assign to a Curriculum Management user in any cluster, curriculum, etc. that they create.
- This type of role assignment will not take place for a particular cluster, curriculum, etc. if that user is already permitted to edit that cluster, curriculum, etc.
- To disable this functionality, select "N/A" from the list.
- Student role: If you select a role here, then any user with this role in an ELIS class will be enrolled as a student in the class.
- Instructor role: If you select a role here, then any user with this role in an ELIS class will be assigned as an instructor in the class.
- Moodle courses with unknown status are treated as auto-created: Moodle courses that are linked to ELIS classes are marked as having been auto-created or created manually in ELIS 1.8.7 and later versions. This setting indicates whether Moodle courses created prior to ELIS 1.8.7 should be treated as having been auto-created or not.