Making the first page
Setting up a page:
After you have set flexpage as the course format (set the course format to 'page'), turn editing on, and the first screen you will see is the "Create page" screen. Give the page a name, set your settings up, and then Save changes.
On this page you can also set:
- Whether the page is published or now (only users with course editing rights can see unpublished pages)
- Whether the page creates a tab that links to it (this function will only work with a flexpage compatible theme)
- The width of the left column (in pixels, or enter #% to use percent)
- The width of the center column
- The width of the right column
- Whether or not to display links to previous and next pages at the bottom of the page content.
- You can use the settings on this screen as the default for subsequent pages in this course
- If there are other pages, you can set a page as the parent page
- New Feature: Force theme - each page can have it's own theme. Remember to select flexpage themes if you want top tabs to show on the page.
- New Feature: Show breadcrumbs - this sets special breadcrumbs for pages and modules linked from pages. In the current screen it is locked in the on position in the global settings (see below).
- New Feature: Advanced settings - when a Flexpage is used as a tab, this enables you to set URLs that highlight the page - for example if a block or module is linked to from a "Administration" page, you might want that page highlighted whenever a user goes to that block or module.