ELIS 2.0 Manual
Once the Course Description has been set up, click on the Learning Objectives tab.
- This is the ID Number for the LO in Moodle when it was assigned - this number must be an exact match, including case, with the ID in Moodle.
- A second existing LO.
- Click the Add Element button to add a new Learning Objective to the ELIS Course Description.
To set the Learning Objective that is linked to a user's grade in a Moodle activity, you can enter the ID number from the Moodle class by going to the Moodle class and locate the Moodle activity you wish to use as a Learning Objective. Or you can use the new Browse functionality to browse the graded activities in the Moodle course, and add them to ELIS.
To use the LO Browse functionality, click the Browse button.
The Browse button shows you all the activities in the Moodle template class.
- The Activities tab, this will list all graded activities in the Moodle template class.
- If the activity has an ID Number, it will be shown in parantheses. Activities still must have ID Numbers in Moodle to be used in ELIS. Click on the Activity to add it to ELIS.
- Gradebook grade items and grade categories will show in this tab, these can also be used as Learning Objectives.
- Click in the Activity name will load it's ID Number in the ID Number field.
- Add the optional Name and Description, and set the grade for which students will be marked complete in the activity.
- Click Save changes to setup your completion element.
Moodle Gradebook grade items and Moodle Gradebook Categories as ELIS Learning ObjectivesMoodle Gradebook grade items and Moodle Gradebook grade categories can be used as Learning Objectives. Gradebook grade items are often used to manage external grades, for example attendance at offline classes, certification tests taken outside Moodle, etc. The are also used to hold scores derived via Moodle's grade calculations.
Grade categories are created in Moodle by pressing the Add category button on either the Simple view or the Full view of the Mooodle gradebook Categories and items section.
When creating a Gradebook grade category to use as an ELIS Learning Objective, enter an ID Number for the Category.
When the Category has been setup in Moodle's Gradebook, you can now locate it back in the ELIS Course Description:
Click the "Grade items" tab to see Gradebook items and Categories. These will work the same way in ELIS as Moodle activities - set a completion grade and when a learner has achieved that score, they will be marked as complete for that LO.
When you create or edit a Gradebook grade item or Gradebook category, you can now use it as a Learning Objective in ELIS.
This function lets you aggregate grades from graded items in Moodle to use them as Learning Objectives.
These will then automatically manage user completion for a Course Description, and can also be viewed on the user report:
* Note that if you want to use Learning Objectives that are not graded in Moodle, only in ELIS, it is important to use an ID number for the Learning Objective that is not matched by any activity ID numbers.
There is more information about grading Learning Objectives in ELIS in the Setting up Class Instances section of this book.