ELIS 2.0 Manual
Organizational User Sets
Displaying User Sets in the Program Admin Block
To edit these settings go to the Program Management block > Admin > Configuration > Program Administration Block Settings. The settings are described and shown below:
- Number of entity icons to display before collapsing: A set amount of user sets and programs can be displayed in the Program Administration block, this setting must have a value of at least 1. In the image below this is set to 2, so up to 2 organizational user sets and/or programs will be shown in the Program Administration block before they automatically collapse. If this was set to one then only the first organizational user set would be shown.
- Display User Sets as the Top Level: This will display organizational user sets in the first branch of the menu tree in the Program Administration block. If this checkbox isn't selected users sets will not be shown in the Program Administration block. The second image below demonstrates this. ACME Software and ACME Mining are displayed at the Top Level. User sub-sets of the organizational user set will be the 2nd level. User sub-sets of user sub-sets would the 3rd level.
- Display Programs as the Top Level: This works the same as the user sets above. If both programs and user sets are selected, then user sets will be shown before the programs, but both will be in the top level. Programs are not displayed in the top level in these examples.
The example in the image below is showing 2 organizations in the top level, ACME Software and ACME Mining. ACME Software's 2 user sub-sets are shown in the 2nd level.
The programs, course descriptions, tracks, and class instances associated with user sets will be shown in lower level branches of the user set menu tree. For example, if the ACME Software user set had a program assigned to it, it would be shown below the 3 user sub-sets at the 2nd level. If the user set is also associated to a track of that program, then it would be shown as a sub-level of the program, or the 3rd level of the organization user set. The following image has an example:
- When the ACME Software organizational user set is expanded, the user sub-sets are shown
- When the Sales Associates user sub-set is expanded, the associated program is shown
- When the Sales Training Program is expanded
- Course descriptions of the program are shown
- The track is shown, which is an instance of the program
- When the track is expanded the class instances of the track are shown.
The display priority for user sets in the Program Management block can be set with the User Set Display Settings when adding/editing a user set. The user set with the highest number will be displayed at the top of the list, lowest number at the bottom. For example, if there are user sets with display priorities 0-5, 5 will be at the top of the list and 0 will be at the bottom.