ELIS 2013 Manual
ELIS Data Hub 2
Data Hub import files can be scheduled to process or can be manually processed. Import files should be scheduled to process in most instances. Manual processing should be used for testing only. Manual processing is currently limited to 28 seconds of processing time in our standard Data Hub installs. Scheduled processing will continue imports on subsequent cron runs when processing takes to long, manual processing does not do this.
Scheduling Import Times
Scheduled imports process files uploaded to the the import files path, which is also referred to as the import file location in some areas of the documentation. The files can be uploaded to the import files path via SFTP, this process is described at this link. The import files path is listed in the Administration block > Site Administration > Plugins > Local plugins > Data Hub plugins > Version 1 ELIS import settings.
To schedule your imports, click the Manage link under the Schedule heading.
This will open up the scheduling wizard. Select the New Job button to schedule an import job. A single site can run more than one scheduled import/export job.
- First we'll need to give our job a label - this lets us tell what the different jobs we have scheduled do, so it's ideal to use a label that will make it easy for you to tell what the job is for.
- Period - this is the frequency the job will run. Import date format: The are 3 import date formats, whichever format is selected here must be used in the import files. This value should be set in the format *d*h*m with 1d = once per day. 1 h= once per hour, and 5m = every 5 minutes. For example, you set your schedule to 2d the this job would run every two days from the time you set the schedule up. If you set it at 2h, then the job would run every two hours from the time you set the schedule up. If you set it to 30m, the import will run every 30 minutes starting from the time you set the schedule up.
Note: if you need to have the import run at a specific time, RL Support can setup a custom serverside cron job to support that for Enterprise and Premiere support levels.
Once the schedule has been set, your job will begin running based on the time period. For example if you create a schedule at 12PM on Monday, and set it to run every day (1d), it will run the next day, the first time the cron tasks run after 12PM on Tuesday.
Manually Run Imports
To run Data Hub manually, select the Go link under the Run Manually heading.
This will open a screen where files can be uploaded and run manually.
- Choose a file with user information in it to import manually.
- Choose a file with course information in it to import manually.
- Choose a file with enrollment information in it to import manually.