ELIS 2013 Manual
Absence Report/Non-Starter Report
The Absence Report shows which users have had no activity in ELIS Class Instances during the time specified in the report options.
A user must be enrolled as a "student" in the Moodle class.
A user must be enrolled in an ELIS Class Instance and have no activity in the course in the time frame specified to be included in this report. No activity is defined as:
- No activity in the Moodle class associated with the ELIS Class Instance OR
- If the ELIS Class Instance is not associated with any Moodle class, then no Learning Objectives marked as Complete OR
- If no Learning Objectives are defined in an ELIS Class Instance AND it is not linked to a Moodle class, then show N/A on the report.
There are two filters to configure for this report. They are not required. If left to default the report will draw data from the beginning of installation to the present.
- Full Name: filters report by names. For example, you could enter Thompson to see all users who have Thompson in their name. Or you could enter "a" to see all users who have a in their name.
- Select a Date range for the report: There are two options that can be used independently or together. For example if you want to see all the users who have not logged in to their Moodle courses in the past week, you can set the date range here.
- "is after"-- users who have no activity after this date.
- "is before" -- users have no activity before this date.
If you click the "+ Show more" link, you can see the full set of filters for filtering users. This filter includes both standard user information fields such as email address, city, country, etc. It will also show and enable you to filter on custom user fields.
The report below show the Absence Report using the filters selected above. Learners are grouped by course. The date range selected in the filters is shown in the upper-center of the report. If filtering by name, the name is shown in the same area of the report.
Explanation of Report Data
Program: Program the course with users with no activity belongs to.
Course Name: ELIS Course Description name.
Class Instance ID: ELIS Class Instance with users with no activity.
Student Name: Name of users with no activity.
ID Number: User ID number of users with no activity.
To change report options, click on the "Configure Parameters" icon located in the upper left corner of the report.
To schedule the report to run at specific time(s) in the future, select the "Schedule Reports" icon in the upper right corner of the report. For details on setting report parameters when scheduling reports, please see the report scheduling documentation.
The report can be exported in PDF or CSV format. To export the report, select either the "Download PDF" or "Download CSV" icons located in the upper left corner of the report. The report will download locally to your computer.
Report data can be updated automatically, without needing to go back to the report parameters, by clicking the "Refresh" button located at the bottom center of the report page.