ELIS 2013 Manual
Organizational User Sets
Displaying User Sets in the Program Management Block
To edit these settings go to the Program Management block > Admin > Configuration > Program Administration Block Settings. The settings are described and shown below:
- Number of entity icons to display before collapsing: A set amount of user sets and programs can be displayed in the Program Management block, this setting must have a value of at least 1. In the image below this is set to 2, so up to 2 organizational user sets and/or programs will be shown in the Program Management block before they automatically collapse. If this was set to one then only the first organizational user set would be shown.
- Display User Sets as the Top Level: This will display organizational user sets in the first branch of the menu tree in the Program Management block. If this checkbox isn't selected users sets will not be shown in the Program Administration block. The second image below demonstrates this. ACME Corp. and Project Management Level 1 are displayed at the Top Level. User sub-sets of the organizational user sets will be the 2nd level.
- Display Programs as the Top Level: This works the same as the user sets above. If both programs and user sets are selected, then user sets will be shown before the programs, but both will be in the top level. Programs are not displayed in the top level in these examples.
The example in the image below is showing 2 organizations in the top level, ACME Corporation and Project Management Level 1. ACME Corp's 2 user sub-sets are shown in the 2nd level.
The programs, course descriptions, tracks, and class instances associated with user sets will be shown in lower level branches of the user set menu tree. The following image has an example:
- When the ACME Corp. organizational user set is expanded, the user sub-sets are shown
- When the user sub-set is expanded, the associated program is shown
- When the program is expanded
- Course descriptions of the program are shown
- A track associated to the user set is shown, expanding the track will show class instances of the track
The display priority for user sets in the Program Management block can be set with the User Set Display Settings when adding/editing a user set. The user set with the highest number will be displayed at the top of the list, lowest number at the bottom. For example, if there are user sets with display priorities 0-5, 5 will be at the top of the list and 0 will be at the bottom.