ELIS 2014 Manual
Configurable User Class Completion Report
The first section of the report configuration is a set of filters you can use to drill down into your data.
The full name field features a configurable auto-complete filter. Type in the name of the user you are searching for and a pop-up window appears with users to select from. You don't have to select users from the pop-up window, for example if I leave the full name filter with "fland" as the entry then all the users shown in the pop-up will be in the report.
Selecting the Configure icon to the right of the full name field allows you to edit which fields will be searched and displayed by the full name filter auto-complete feature.
- The details report opens in a new window
- By default, the report shows the courses and classes the selected user is enrolled in, the Environment, State Date, Learning Objectives, their Status in the Classes, the Completion Date, and Credits Earned. Other fields can be added to these default fields as described below.
- Report data is cached to improve performance, you can use the Refresh button to update the report data.
- In this example only users who are members of the ACME Corporation user set will be shown on the report.
- Enabling the User Set Tree menu will enable you to add multiple user sets and/or user sub-sets to the report. For example you can compare two divisions of a company, two departments of a college, or two schools in a district using the user set filters.
For instance this setting would show data for users in the Miami Office and the Tampa Office.
Filtering by Course Completion Date:
The report can also be filtered by Course Completion Date, to show only those users who have completed a course within the completion date range.
Filtering by Program:
The report can also be filtered by Program, to show only those users who are enrolled in a particular Program. As the program is selected the course sets and course descriptions available to filter with are limited to those assigned to the program. Likewise, when the course set is selected only course descriptions assigned to the selected course set and program are available.
Clicking on a program and then running the report will filter on that program. Double clicking on the selected program will show only the courses of the program in the Course selector. You can also filter the report to show only users enrolled in the course description, the course set, and the program, for example.
Filtering by Course
Likewise the report data can be filtered by course:
Double clicking the course name will show the classes of the course, and you can then click on a class to filter the report to show only the users in a single class.
Filtering by Complete Status
The User Class Completion Report can also be filtered by the status of the user. Currently there are 4 status values supported:
||Shows only users who have passed an ELIS Class in the filtered data set. E.g. if you filter on a program, this will show only users who have passed at least one class in the program.The details report for a user will show which class(es) were passed.|
||Shows only users who are marked as having Failed the ELIS Class. E.g. if you filter on a program, this will show only users who have failed at least one class in the program. The details report for a user will show which class(es) were failed.|
||If the ELIS Class has an associated Moodle Class, then users who have logged into the Moodle Class are considered to be 'In-Progress'. If the ELIS Class does not have an associated Moodle Class, then users who have been marked complete on at least one Learning Objective (but who have not yet Passed or Failed the Class) are shown.
||For ELIS Classes that have linked Moodle Classes, this shows users who are enrolled in an ELIS Class with an associated Moodle Class but who have never logged into the Moodle Class. If an ELIS Class does not have a linked Moodle Class, then this shows users who are enrolled but who have not been marked complete on any learning objectives and who have neither Passed nor Failed the Class.
Custom Report Title
You can enter a custom report title each time you run the UCCR report or when you schedule a UCCR job.
The title you enter here will be displayed on the report:
Configuring Report Columns
The UCCR report enables to to configure which data columns are displayed on the output reports. Standard and custom ELIS user fields, program fields, course set fields, course fields, and class fields can be displayed on the report (Course and Class on the details report).
For example, if we select the standard ELIS user fields City/Town and the Custom User field, Area, these will be shown on the report between the default fields and the credits.
As we add other fields, the report will get wider. For example, in the report below we have added the standard field of the user's email address, and the custom field of the Manager's email address.
Custom Program Fields on the Report
Below the user fields configurator, are Program fields which can be optionally placed on the report output.
Both standard Program fields and custom Program fields can be placed on the report output.
Showing Multiple Programs on the same report:
When a learner is enrolled in more than one program, and the report is not filtered to show only one program, we need to show a line on the report for each program a learner is enrolled in. For example, the report below is not filtered by program, so it shows all the program each learner is enrolled in.
- Because this learner is enrolled in 4 programs, and the report is not filtered to show only one of them, all four are shown with a line for each program.
- The learner's name is repeated (this is to make sure that data exports make sense), and each program's fields (completion, expiration, etc.) are printed separately.
- The number of learners on the report is shown here.
- We only need to print 1 link to the Details report for each learner.
When the details report is shown with multiple programs, each program is shown on the report with the courses and classes the learner is enrolled in. As above, this is done to keep the data clear when it is exported or viewed.
- This example learner is enrolled in 3 programs, these are shown on the left (because programs was selected in the details report output configurator).
- The programs are listed each time there is a row for a course.
- Class details, credits earned, etc. each have their own row.
Custom fields on the Details Report:
Custom User fields on the Details Report
You can add some standard and any custom fields to the report output on the Details Report by selecting the fields in the Details Report Header Display configurator.
Check the fields you would like displayed on the details report screen.
The user fields you have selected are printed in the report header.
Displaying Class Assignment:
If this checkbox is selected then the role of the user in the Moodle course is displayed in the report.
When the checkbox is checked, if the user is a student or teacher (or any other role that is synchronized to Moodle) in the ELIS Class, the role is shown on the details report: