ELIS 2014 Manual
ELIS Data Hub 2
Data Hub import files can be scheduled to process or can be manually processed. Import files should be scheduled to process in most instances. Manual processing should be used for testing only. Manual processing is currently limited to 28 seconds of processing time in our standard Data Hub installs. Scheduled processing will continue imports on subsequent cron runs when processing takes to long, manual processing does not do this.
Scheduling Import Times
Scheduled imports process files uploaded to the the import files path, which is also referred to as the import file location in some areas of the documentation. The files can be uploaded to the import files path via SFTP, this process is described at this link. The import files path is listed in the Administration block > Site Administration > Plugins > Local plugins > Data Hub plugins > Version 1 ELIS import settings.
To schedule your imports, click the Manage link under the Schedule heading.
This will open up the scheduling wizard. Select the New Job button to schedule an import job. A single site can run more than one scheduled import/export job.
- First we'll need to give our job a label - this lets us tell what the different jobs we have scheduled do, so it's ideal to use a label that will make it easy for you to tell what the job is for.
- Period - this is the frequency the job will run. Import date format: The are 3 import date formats, whichever format is selected here must be used in the import files. This value should be set in the format *d*h*m with 1d = once per day, 1 h= once per hour, and 5m = every 5 minutes. For example, you set your schedule to 2d then this job would run every two days from the time you set the schedule up. If you set it at 2h, then the job would run every two hours from the time you set the schedule up. If you set it to 30m, the import will run every 30 minutes starting from the time you set the schedule.
There are two steps to schedule a Data Hub job with the new improvements. The first step is to enter a Label for the job.
Step 2 sets when the job runs. There are two options, advanced scheduling and basic period scheduling. Basic period scheduling is the type of scheduling used in ELIS versions prior to 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11. Advanced scheduling is the new feature shown below.
There are two types of recurrence settings for advanced scheduling, simple and calendar. Select which one you will be using as shown in the next image. Each recurrence has different settings, so the settings will change depending on which recurrence you select.
- Select this to run the report once a day indefinitely.
- Select this to run the report once a day until the date selected.
- Select this to run the report a certain number of times at one of four intervals - minutes, hours, days, or months. In the example shown in the image above this setting will run the report once a day for 7 days.
- End date: Select the date when the report should stop running. Select the Enable checkbox to enter an end date.
- Time: Use the drop downs to enter the time. The hours drop down uses a 24 hour format. For example, 16:55 is 04:55 PM.
- Days: select whether the report runs every day, only on specific week days, or specific month days.
- If week days is selected, select which days.
- If Month days is selected, enter a number for the day of the month the report should run. For example, 15 for the 15th.. If the report should run on more than one month day, enter day numbers separated by commas.
Once the schedule has been set, your job will begin running based on the time period. For example if you create a schedule at 12PM on Monday, and set it to run every day (1d), it will run the next day, the first time the cron tasks run after 12PM on Tuesday.
Note: If you need to have the import run at a specific time, RL Support can setup a custom serverside cron job to support that for Enterprise and Premiere support levels.
Manually Run Imports
To run Data Hub manually, select the Go link under the Run Manually heading.
This will open a screen where files can be uploaded and run manually.
- Choose a file with user information in it to import manually.
- Choose a file with course information in it to import manually.
- Choose a file with enrollment information in it to import manually.